To help you optimize your GTS Batteries and improve your productivity levels we’ve put together the following Battery Usage Guidelines.
1. Track the purchase dates and ages of your batteries.
We recommend marking your GTS Batteries with color coded stickers based on purchase dates. This will help you to determine how long a battery has been in service when the time comes to replace the batteries. Following this procedure helps to ensure your batteries are always replaced before productivity is lost.
2. Assign batteries to a specific terminal.
To avoid confusion, we recommend the following procedure which will help you tell which batteries are associated to which terminal and more specifically, which charging slot (if applicable).
3. Replace your batteries at the optimal time.
4. Always have 1-2 charged spare batteries for each of your devices.
This will ensure you avoid costly downtime. Make sure your spare batteries are labeled as outlined in Battery Usage Guidelines 1 and 2.
5. Keep your battery contact surfaces clean.
Dirty contact points are a major source of charging problems. To maintain optimal battery performance gently clean the contacts with a soft cloth on a regular basis.
6. Exclusively using longer lasting GTS Batteries will lower the Total Cost of Ownership of your devices because you will need to purchase less batteries over time. Using higher capacity batteries necessitates less charges thus allowing a longer useful battery life.
When your batteries are no longer able to provide the appropriate charge, it is critical that you dispose of them properly.
ADD Batteries, in conjunction with GTS Batteries, is committed to maintaining the sustainability of the environment.
GTS Batteries designed a program to ensure that batteries are disposed of in accordance with all Federal, State, and Local guidelines.
For more information visit http://www.gtspower.com/About-Us/Resources/Recycling